msnbc.com news services
updated 11/28/2011 1:40:28 PM ET
ISLAMABAD â€” Pakistan’s Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani ruled out “business as usual” with the United States on Monday after a NATO attack killed 24 Pakistani soldiers, and the army threatened to curtail cooperation with Washington on Afghanistan drastically.
Thank goodness! Now, if we had any one in charge who really gave a damn, we could do some adjusting to the budget.
The amount transferred to the Pakistani Treasury in cash over 10 years has been $8.647 billion.
Let them cozy up to China or Russia. We know what they think about the spread of Islam. What a cozy little group they would make.Â
Why don’t we need them?
- The war in Afghanistan is over. If everyone comes home we don’t need a supply route.
- Bin Laden is dead.Â Oh,Â killed in Pakistan and they didn’t know he was there – riiight.
- The Taliban operate in and out of Pakistan with ease. Apparently there is an arrangement with someone – riiight.
- It’s along way to Pakistan. I don’t really care what they do or say.
- We can use the money at home.